Iced coffee can be made simply by brewing double strength and then pouring over ice. However, if you are looking for that coffee-house iced-coffee taste, then you need to try this recipe. It is unbelievably simple. If you have read any of our other posts, then you know we believe in Bringing the Coffee House Home, Again! Life and schedules can get crazy and sometimes you want to treat yourself without having to put on make-up or pack up the kids to go out. Our coffees are so smooth and flavorful, you can use a few things we all have in our pantries or refrigerators to create that special treat at home. Here is a simple way to brew Iced Coffee using a French Press.
Select one of the coffees we recommend iced. All our coffees are hand roasted, by artisan roasters that specialize in understanding how to roast each coffee bean differently from each country and after each harvest. Our coffees are roasted 5-2o lbs at a time with a great deal of expertise and quality control. This creates the smooth cup our customers have become accustomed to enjoying.
Single Origin/Darker Roast: (All Fair Trade/Organic)
1. Presto – Sumatra
2. Espressivo- Guatemalan French Roast
3. Intermezzo- Italian Roast
1. Cinnamon Hazelnut
2. French Vanilla
3. Mint Mocha
For our 20oz French Press, we used 8TB of coffee (if you like weaker coffee, use only 6-7 TB). Grind the coffee coarsely.
Pour ground coffee into your french press. Pour enough cold water(if your water is not chilled, room temperature is fine) to fill about 1″ from the top. Use only filtered or spring water. This is a rule for when brewing any coffee. Stay away from tap water or distilled water, it will make a difference in the taste of your coffee.
Put on the lid and make sure the plunger is in the upright position. Do not press down, as you want the grounds to infuse with the water. Place in your refrigerator and leave overnight.
The next morning, take the coffee out of the fridge, and gently press down the press. Find your favorite cup or tumbler and pour directly from the french press over ice. If it is too strong, then next time add a little less coffee.
Pour in cream to your taste. Always taste our coffee first before adding cream or sugar, as you may surprise yourself but how much less, if any you add. For iced coffee, I always add cream as I like the look and creamy taste with my iced coffee.
Now here is where the fun part comes in…..it’s your coffee, make it at home, your way! We have provided the smoothest and most flavorful coffee. Truly, you taste the actual flavors listed on the package in our coffee. Now find things in your home and make it different each time or as the mood strikes.
With our Amber Waves, cinnamon hazelnut, you can add whatever you like to go from a delicious cup of iced coffee to a delectable specialty iced coffee.
Here are a few ideas:
-Top with whipped cream
-Sprinkle with cinnamon or vanilla sugar
-Top with whipped cream and then drizzle caramel sauce.
We choose to add fresh whipped cream (using our whipped cream makers), and sprinkle with our kids cinnamon/sugar mixture they use for toast.
Add a fun straw and your favorite spot to enjoy your iced coffee creation and Grace Time! Share your creation with us on your social media sites #americanserenade and tag your #gracetime.
- 8TB Amber Waves, cinnamon hazelnut coffee
- 18oz filtered or spring water
- French Press
- Grind the coffee beans: Grind 8TB of coffee beans until they are coarse enough to be filtered by the French press, yet fine enough to infuse well.
- Combine the ground coffee and water in the French press: Pour the ground coffee into the French press and top with water until it is about 1" from the top of your french press.
- Stir to incorporate: Gently stir the coffee with the water until well blended.
- Put on French press lid; Make sure the plunger is in the up position, do not press down.
- Place the French press in the refrigerator overnight: Leave the plunger in the up position so the grounds infuse the water overnight.
- The next morning, plunge the French press to separate the coffee from the grounds.
- Pour over ice and add your toppings. Anything from cream, to whipped cream to sprinkling cinnamon, sugar or even topping with caramel sauce.
- Sip and enjoy!